Required to run 10.9 Maverisk
- Hardware Virtualization Technology (VT) enabled processor
Note: if you have intel i3, i5, i7 - you have it, other way check manifacturer site if your processor support VT
- Pre installed image of OS X Mavericks
Note: check in thepiratebay com for "OS X Mavericks vmware"
- VMware workstation 10
Note: check in thepiratebay com for "vmware 10 linux"
My hardware: HP 450 Probook
- CPU intel Core i5-3230M (1 core for Mac OS)
- RAM 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz (1 GB for Mac OS)
- VGA Ivybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2
- HDD 1TB Sata2 (20 GB for Mac OS)
- AUDIO HDA Intel PCH 92HD91BXX Analog
Create your Mac OS X Mavericks guest os
- Install VMware 10 and extract Maverick image.
- We need to use an unlocker patch to make VMware workstation to support Mac guest. The patch is located inside OS X Mavericks image folder. You can use terminal to navigate and run this files.
Note: terminal commands, all files have to be on your main drive (or you wouldn't have privileges)cd OS X Mavericks 10.9 Retail VMware Image/VMware Unlocker - Mac OS X Guest/VMware 8.x + 9.x + 10.x Series/VMware Workstation Unlocker - Linuxsudo ./Unlocker.Linux32sudo ./install.sh
- Now import .vmx file into VMware (File > Open > pick .vmx file)
- Start image and install the Mavericks OS
What work on this configuration
- audio - OK (select sound card in image preferences)
- network - OK
- screen resolution - OK (different resolution in image preferences)
- camera - not tested
- microphone -not tested
- sleep - OK
- all Mavericks software
- and finaly: Xcode - OK